“Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in event of success.”
— The greatest job ad that never existed
At Dashibase, we want to replace all custom internal tools and messy ops spreadsheets in businesses.
We are working on a no-code solution that enables anyone to build beautiful internal tools within minutes. And we are looking for builders to join us on this journey.
If you are looking for a comfy job with certainty and perks, this is not for you. If you thrive on uncertainty and chaos, want to build many things and throw most of them away, and enjoy figuring out how to solve actual problems for businesses, read on.
Our ideal teammates are people who like and can build software quickly.
- Experience in Vue or React (or similar frameworks) is required.
- No formal qualifications are required. Side projects will be better.
- Bonus if you have designed software before.
- Preferably based in and can work in Singapore.
To give you a sense of how we work, we shipped our first prototype in five days and got three strangers to pay within a week. Then we launched a major UI revamp in two weeks, generating hundreds on our waitlist. We are running three experiments to refine the product and shipping weekly updates. Within eight weeks of coming up with the idea, we have a handful of paying customers.
Fun things we have done:
- Built a Notion-like form builder (Fun fact: It’s non-trivial to keep the cursor at roughly the same position horizontally while moving it between blocks/divs.)
- Open-sourced our software (316 stars so far)
- Created a modern, beautiful website with animations, glows, and interactive demos
- Chatted with ~40 users in 4 weeks, sometimes crashing their offices to interview them
Things you will be working on:
- Improve our product to make building internals tools without code super easy (could be frontend, backend, UI, and more)
- Build (and throw away) prototypes to test new ideas
- Talk to and even sell to users
There is a lot of uncertainty and chaos. That, I’ll guarantee you. We are far from being a stable successful business. We are currently bootstrapped, so we will not offer a ridiculously high salary. But it will be sufficient. (We are not even paying ourselves yet.)
On the other hand, we believe this can be a billion-dollar business. Airtable is valued at $11.7 billion; Retool at $1.85 billion. Bubble and Glide have raised $106.3 million and $23.8 million respectively. Statistically speaking, unicorns are rare. But imagine being the founding team of one.
You will be working directly with Swee Kiat (ex-Googler and Stanford alumni) and me (ex-Buffer and ReferralCandy). We have both left our jobs to go all-in on this.
Limited downside. Unlimited upside.
Choose your own adventure.
If you are interested, drop us an email at email@example.com and let us know why we should chat.